Programs and Admissions
At DLC, our attitude gives every child the opportunity to say “Yes, I can!”
- DLC Nurse & Learn (DLC) provides year-round high quality education, nursing care, and therapies to children of all abilities so that children and families have the opportunity to reach their maximum potential.
- Children with Cerebral Palsy, Down syndrome, Spina Bifida, Microcephaly, seizure disorders, g-tubes, apnea monitors and other special needs are welcome at DLC Nurse & Learn. Our services include: child care, preschool, extended day programs, registered nursing care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, early intervention, developmental screening and low adult to child ratios for more one-on-one attention to individual goals for each child.
- DLC has provided childcare in Jacksonville, Florida since 1989. We have classrooms for infants 6 weeks - 5-year olds, including VPK for 4-year olds. We also have after school programs for children up to 22 years of age.
- DLC Nurse & Learn has maintained a “5 Star Rating” from the Early Learning Coalition of Duval for nearly 10 years.
- Our program is based upon the idea that children with special needs are children first and their potential is ours to discover.
- All Teachers have a Child Development Associate certificate (CDA), First Aid and CPR certified, and have successfully passed a criminal background check. Many classroom Teachers also have an Associates, Bachelors or Master’s degree. Staff will receive training in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS) and Child Abuse/Neglect (CAN). They are also required to obtain 10-20 hours annually of continuing education through classes, seminars, workshops, conferences, and other related early childhood events. The teachers strive to create a warm, fun-loving atmosphere for each child enrolled at DLC. We maintain low classroom ratios for students and teachers.
- Nursing care, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, and Early Intervention are available at our school. A part time Educational Specialist is on staff at the Murray Hill location.
- Childcare services provided by DLC allows the parents freedom to work, attend school and provide for the family; thereby the entire family is strengthened. We utilize the State approved curriculum, Learn Every Day, which focuses on self-help, cognitive/pre-academics, social and behavior, motor and speech/communication.
- Staff is trained in M.O.V.E. (Movement Opportunities Via Education) for children with physical disabilities. Church and Youth Volunteers for extra one on one.
- In each classroom DLC administers an assessment called the Ages and Stages Questionnaire. This Questionnaire will allow the teachers and therapists to understand what level each child is at developmentally. After the assessment is completed the DLC team will compose 3-4 goals for your child to work on daily. Once we have composed the goals we will have a parent meeting with you and whoever else you would like to join. DLC partners with parents at these meetings so that all providers are on the same accord and can work on the same goals together. Our team will inform you of accomplishments over time and also daily accomplishments as well. To secure your space, there is waiting list fee of $25.
- We Provide: Wipes, 2 snacks, whole milk and juice.
- You Provide: Breakfast, Lunch, Formula (specialized milk and water at intake), Diapers, Physical Form, Shot Records, written Prescriptions for Therapy, $75 enrollment fee, extra clothes and if needed, any required medication.
Prior to Enrollment Checklist
- Completed Enrollment Packet
- Enrollment Fee $75
- Signed Contract for Tuition Agreement
- Shot Record/Physical Form from Pediatrician
- Therapy Scripts for any Therapy Services your child will need
- Doctor Orders for any medical procedures (daily oral medication, g-tube feeding, catheterization, etc.)
- Copy of Insurance Card (if applicable for therapy and nursing care)
DLC Nurse & Learn School/Child Care and Special Education Tuition Fees
$250.00 Weekly rate for Infants 0-1yr ($1,000 month)
$225.00 Weekly rate for Full time 1 year olds ($900 month)
$212.50 Weekly rate for Full time 2 year olds ($850 month)
200.00 Weekly rate for Full time 3-5 year olds ($800 month)
$120.00 Weekly rate for Before/After school ($480 month)
$100.00 Weekly rate for Afterschool Only (3-6pm)($400 month)
$75.00 Weekly rate for Morning Only (7-9am)(300 month)
$250.00 Weekly rate for Developmental Program 0-5 yr ($1000 mthly)
$300.00 Weekly rate for Program with RN Services 0-5 yr ($1,200 mthly)
DLC Therapy and Care Rates
$120.00 Weekly rate for before and after school
$100.00 Weekly rate for just after school.
$175.00 Weekly rate for Summer Camp.
$50.00 Supply Fee Annually
$120.00 Classroom Evaluation
$200.00 Monthly for Educational/Behavioral Specialist Services
$120.00 Therapy Evaluations
$200.00 Monthly for Shared Therapy
$50.00 per OT, PT, or SLP individual session
$200.00 Monthly for Nursing
$15 - $20 a day Extra full day for after schoolers
Sibling Discount 20% for two or more children
For additional information, email DLC at info@DLCNL.org or call 904-387-0370
Students may apply for a DLC scholarship for a partial or full tuition assistance which is based upon an income verification and review. Some students may also qualify for a partial or full scholarship for therapy services due to the lack of authorizations through health insurance providers, including Medicaid HMO’s. You can request a scholarship application from the DLC Staff.
Additional Assistance Opportunities
Contact these agencies directly to inquire about potential assistance.