DLC Nurse & Learn is an inclusion nonprofit child care center for children of all abilities, with and without developmental delays, where each child is taught at their own pace.
Ways to Help
Without so many of YOU, DLC could not carry on the important role of helping families with year-round education, nursing care and therapy for children of ALL abilities so they can reach their maximum potential. Your donation of even a $1 to DLC is a $14 return on investment.
DLC Nurse & Learn is an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN #59-3618761). Gifts by check, made payable to DLC Nurse & Learn, can be sent to:
DLC Nurse & Learn
4101-1 College Street
Jacksonville, FL 32205
Here are just a few ways you can help
- SPECIAL EVENTS:Gather friends, family and colleagues to join DLC for Fundraising events like Topgolf & Tacos and Passport to Riverside & Avondale.
- SCHOLARSHIPS: Many of the kids and families who attend DLC would not have access to the care & services they need without a full or partial scholarship.
- MONTHLY NEEDS: Therapy $25, Art Supplies $15, Snacks $10 and Tuition $100. Gift Cards to Amazon, Wal-Mart and/or School Aids. Participate in our Supply Shower
- ADOPT A CHILD: Your church, business and civic group can support a specific child's monthly needs each month. Contact Heather Corey at Heather.Corey@dlcnl.org or 904-387-0370 for more information.
- INKIND GIFTS: Baby wipes (unscented), NEW books, Clorex wipes, healthy snacks and juices (kid sizes/individually).
- CORPORATE MATCHING GIFTS: Many companies sponsor employee-giving programs that match personal contributions to DLC by individuals. Please check with your employer to see if such a program is available, as you could potentially double the impact of your gift! Most employers require you to send a Matching Gift form with your donation and for us to complete this form. Contact Heather Corey at Heather.Corey@dlcnl.org for any questions.
- MEMORIALS & GIFTS IN HONOR: Gifts can be made in memory and/or in honor of individuals at special times throughout the year, such as a birthday, anniversary or the loss of a loved one. DLC will then mail a card to the person you’ve designated, stating that a donation to DLC was made on his or her behalf, call Heather Corey at (904) 387-0370 to discuss your Memorial or Honorary Gift.
- STOCK GIFTS: Gifts of appreciated securities and stock can be donated directly to DLC Nurse & Learn, which may help you with additional tax advantages while supporting DLC (please see your tax advisor for details). For more information, please contact us at by email at Heather.Corey@dlcnl.org or phone at 904-387-0370.
- IRA ROLLOVER: You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
DLC Nurse & Learn is an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN #59-3618761) and all contributions are tax deductible within the limits of the law.
Host a Fundraiser
DLC Nurse & Learn partners with various churches, community service organizations and supporters for third party fundraising events. Please contact Heather Corey at Heather.Corey@DLCNL.org or 904-387-0370 to discuss hosting a fundraiser.
DLC for Topgolf & Tacos
Download our flyer in PDF format
Be a DLC Volunteer
DLC Nurse & Learn partners with various churches, community service organizations and supporters for various volunteer opportunities. We could use volunteers for:
- Assist in the classrooms
- Assist in the office
- Assist with special events (Valentine’s Day, Shamrock Scavenger Hunt, Easter Egg Hunt, summer camp, Thanksgiving, Christmas and more)
- Fundraising events
Please contact us at email@example.com or 904-387-0370 to discuss ways you can help the kids at DLC by volunteering.
The Amy Buggle Scholarship Fund
In honor of Amy Buggle's 30 Years of Service to DLC Nurse & Learn and the Special Needs First Coast Community, we announced in January 2020 the creation of the Amy Buggle Scholarship Fund. Gifts made to the Amy Buggle Scholarship Fund will be designated to help low income special needs families with tuition to attend DLC Nurse & Learn and receive onsite therapy and nursing care. Gifts can be sent to:
DLC Nurse & Learn
Attn. Amy Buggle Scholarship Fund
4101-1 College Street
Jacksonville, FL 32205
You can make your check payable to DLC Nurse & Learn and in the Memo section of the
check, list Amy Buggle Scholarship Fund and send to the aforementioned address.
To make a gift by credit card, contact Heather Corey at 904-387-0370 or email Heather.Corey@DLCNL.org.
Leave a Legacy for the future of DLC
The future is now at DLC. Consider leaving DLC in your will and estate to continue your family's blessings for the next generation. An excellent way for you to support DLC’s mission is to leave us a bequest in your will, living trust or with a codicil. One significant benefit of making a gift by bequest is that it allows you to continue to use the property you will leave to charity during your life. Another benefit is that you are able to leave a lasting legacy.
Types of Bequests
There are a number of ways you can make a bequest DLC Nurse & Learn.
- Specific Bequest A specific bequest involves making a gift of a specific asset such as real estate, a car, other property or a gift for a specific dollar amount. For example, you may wish to leave your home or $10,000 to DLC.
- Percentage Bequest Another kind of specific bequest involves leaving a specific percentage of your overall estate to charity. For example, you may wish to leave 10% of your estate to DLC.
- Residual Bequest A residual bequest is made from the balance of an estate after the will or trust has given away each of the specific bequests. A common residual bequest involves leaving a percentage of the residue of the estate to charity. For example, you may wish to leave 30% of the residue of your estate to DLC.
- Contingent Bequest A contingent bequest is made to charity only if the purpose of the primary bequest cannot be met. For example, you could leave specific property, such as a vacation home, to a relative, but the bequest language could provide that if the relative is not alive at the time of your death, the vacation home will go to DLC.
In order to make a bequest, you should speak with your attorney. Your attorney can help you include a bequest to DLC Nurse & Learn in your estate plan. We have provided some basic bequest language to assist you and your attorney.
Specific BequestIf you are considering making an outright bequest to DLC Nurse & Learn, we recommend the following language:
Bequest of a Specific Dollar Amount
I hereby give, devise and bequeath _________ and No/100 dollars ($DOLLARS) to DLC Nurse & Learn, a nonprofit organization located at 4101-1 College Street, Jacksonville, FL 32205, Federal Tax #59-3618761, for DLC Nurse & Learn’s general use and purpose.
Bequest of Specific Personal Property
I hereby give, devise and bequeath DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY to DLC Nurse & Learn, a nonprofit organization located at 4101-1 College Street, Jacksonville, FL 32205, Federal Tax #59-3618761, for DLC Nurse & Learn’s general use and purpose.
Bequest of Specific Real Estate
I hereby give, devise and bequeath all of the right, title and interest in and to the real estate located at ADDRESS OR DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY to to DLC Nurse & Learn, a nonprofit organization located at 4101-1 College Street, Jacksonville, FL 32205, Federal Tax #59-3618761, for DLC Nurse & Learn’s general use and purpose.
Percentage BequestIf you are considering making a bequest of a percentage of your estate to DLC Nurse & Learn, we recommend the following language:
Bequest of a Specific Dollar Amount
I hereby give, devise and bequeath ____ percent (___%) of my total estate, determined as of the date of my death, to DLC Nurse & Learn, a nonprofit organization located at 4101-1 College Street, Jacksonville, FL 32205, Federal Tax #59-3618761, for DLC Nurse & Learn’s general use and purpose.
I hereby give, devise and bequeath to DLC Nurse & Learn, a nonprofit organization located at 4101-1 College Street, Jacksonville, FL 32205, Federal Tax #59-3618761, of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate to be used for DLC Nurse & Learn’s general use and purpose.
If (primary beneficiary) does not survive me, then I hereby give, devise and for DLC Nurse & Learn’s general use and purpose, DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY to be used DLC Nurse & Learn’s general use and purpose.
If you are considering a bequest but would like to ensure that your bequest will be used for a specific purpose, please let us know. We would be happy to work with you and your attorney to help you identify ways to give and meet your charitable objectives. We will also work with you and your attorney to craft language to accomplish your goals.
If you are making a restricted bequest, we recommend that your attorney include the following provision to give DLC Nurse & Learn flexibility should it no longer be possible for DLC Nurse & Learn to use your gift as you originally intended:
If, in the judgment of the Board of Directors of DLC Nurse & Learn, it shall become impossible for DLC Nurse & Learn to use this bequest to accomplish the specific purposes of this bequest, DLC may use the income and principal of this gift for such purpose or purposes as the Board determines is most closely related to the restricted purpose of my bequest.
Please contact us if you have any questions about how to make a bequest to DLC Nurse & Learn or to request any additional information that might be helpful to you and your attorney as you consider making a bequest to us.
If you have included a bequest for DLC Nurse & Learn in your estate plan, please contact us to let us know. We would like to thank you and recognize you for your gift.
For any additional informational or any questions, contact Heather Corey at (904) 387-0370 or by email at Heather.Corey@DLCNL.org.